Neptune Benson Defender Filter
Regenerative Media Filters (RMF’s) are a more efficient
alternative to sand or D.E. filtration. RMF’s such as the
Neptune-Benson’s Defender® filter use up to 90% less
water, take up a quarter of the space, and use less energy
than traditional sand filters. Regenerative media filters
are also more effective at removing contaminants. The
Defender filter is able to remove particles as small as 1
micron from water while traditional sand filters generally
only remove particles in the 20 micron range.
The Defender Regenerative Media Filter achieves the highest
quality of water by removing particles down to 1 micron.
This is 20 to 30 times fi ner than sand. Benefi ts include:
• Extension to the life of the filter
• Unsurpassed water quality
• Improved UV disinfection performance
• Up to 30% chemical consumption savings
• Controls turbidity to levels better than those
required for drinking water.